Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Was The Dark Knight As Awsome As It Was Supposed To Be?

The Dark Knight the second instalment of the latest batman saga was released this past Friday and the hype for this movie was one of the most I have ever seen before. What really raised the attention to the movie was the death of Heath Ledger who played the sick and twisted Joker.
Everything I had heard about this movie was that it was going to be the best Batman movie made to date and diffidently the one to look for summer of 08.

Not only did The Dark Knight beat the record for weekend box-office surpassing Spiderman but it exceeded all my expectations. It was so much more then I thought and I was going into this movie thinking it was going to be spectacular, from start to finish the whole movie just sucked you in. As I watched I really enjoyed it the deeper it go into the movie, but what sold me was 100% the Joker. The way the Joker is preserved is unlike any other criminal in any Batman movie IV seen and he is one of most sadistic villains seen in along time. Some of the quotes said by the Joker are performed so dark and disturbing.

Not just the Joker made this movie as good as it was, the story is very dark compared to Batman Begins and the action doesn’t stop. Batman really suffers through this movie he is a target of the law and has to overcome a lot of obstacles. To my surprise the character 2face was even in the movie, the DA Harvey Dent who is working on taking out the mob becomes a target of the Joker and in a bad turn of events is burned on have of his face. He refuses skin graphing and takes out his anger of all he lost on the people he once sided with.

The Dark Knight was not only as awesome as it was supposed to be in then some. This is not only the best Batman movie to date, it is certainly a favourite in my book and I can not wait to see it again. If you have not seen this movie yet you should stop reading and go to a movie theatre near you.

3 comments:

Mr. Lynn said...

I saw this one last week-end, and I was truly impressed with Ledger's performance as well. Also, the realism really made this film stand-out. I'm sick of scenes where the hero takes a beating for 25 minutes only to later rally a comeback and defeat the villain (a la the first Batman). Ledger's Joker makes Nicholson's look terrible.

chevymeister said...

I definately want to see this movie but unfortunately, I think everyone finds this so great is because of Heath's death and the overhype. I will be looking forward to seeing it tonight though.

Captin Moe said...

chevymeister you dont know what you saying guy